A probably incomplete list of distributed BTS software.
Using Version Control
These store the bugs in a version control system (VCS), along with the software that has the bugs. This allows bugs to be closed when a commit is made, and in some cases allows bug status to follow branches and merges.
These are distributed in the sense that the VCS is often a distributed VCS; the VCS is used as the transport.
|Name||Active (last active)||Supported VCS's||Data Format|
|Fossil||2015||N/A Fossil is a VCS|
|ikiwiki||2015||Git, Mercurial, Darcs, svn, bzr, monotone, tla, cvs|
|Bugs Everywhere||2013||Git, Bazaar, Mercurial, RCS, Arch||
Take the below with a pinch of salt, it's gleaned from a brief look at the bash script:
|b||2012||Mercurial||Bugs stored with code. Index in .bugs/bugs, each bug is a file in .bugs/details/SHA1-id.txt
.bugs/bugs has timestamps on each line; Can Mercurial use this to automatically resolve conflicts, like git-annex does in its metadata branch?
Multi-BTS (data replicating) Systems
These systems allow bugs to be tracked in multiple (non-distributed) BTSs, synchronising state between them.
- Simple Defects (SD) (built on top of the Prophet disconnected replicated database; can pull/push to RT, Hiveminder, Trac, GitHub, and Google Code issue trackers)
Multi-BTS (non-replicating) Systems
Systems in this list don't actually replicate state and history between different systems, they just provide linkage between systems.
- The CVE ID system creates essentially a distributed BTS, with each vendor's BTS using CVE IDs to link back to the central problem definition, which in turn links to other affected systems that use the same CVE ID. It is limited to security holes, and an essential difficulty is ensuring that CVEs are both unique and well-specified.
- RDF profiles of bugs integrated into the BTS (either by content negociation or by inclusion like with RDFa) can help "tag" bugs at different places with same standard properties from compatible ontologies. URI of bugs are then their IDs and eventually resolve to canonical URLs of these in a master bugtracker. Bugs can become part of LinkedOpenData.
Hosted and Commercial Solutions
- Artifacts (Integrated with Visual Studio, VCS agnostic)
- Bontq (Subversion)
- Yodiz Bug Tracker (Subversion , Visual Board , GIT , Mercurial , Uservoice , Zendesk , Happy Fox , Fresh Desk ,Firefox plugin to report bugs )
- BugClipper (Bug tracker for mobile apps.)
- Zoho BugTracker